Friday, January 11, 2008

Introduction

First of all, I want to welcome everyone to my blog. It is dedicated to the thriving and exciting field of the Computer Games and the role it plays in the modern society. Electronic Entertainment has long become an important part of the media, as well as the target of various controversies and discussions over the course of its existence. We cannot ignore its importance as one of the defining fields of the new digital media, even though there are probably still some people who view computer and videogames as mere entertainment for children and just a new type of a digital toy. This blog will serve to demonstrate that the computer games are much more than that and not only they can deliver supreme enjoyment and be a cultural influence, but also can be considered as a certain form of art. Why did I choose the topic? First of all, because I was into this for years and it brought lots of enjoyment to me and I also think it is a vastly interesting and creative sphere with promising future. I really hope the articles and posts published on this blog will create a better understanding of the subject.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home